See my Instagram feed @billys_kitchn for more OMS friendly recipe ideas.
Chicory, orange and hazelnut salad with hot-smoked salmon
This is an easy salad to prepare with no cooking involved and makes a delicious summer lunch or dinner, served with some crusty bread. You can swap in your favourite salad leaves and smoked mackerel would also work really well.
Thanks to Gillian for this recipe.
Ingredients List for people
- Cut the top and bottom off the orange, and then slice off the peel with a sharp knife, keeping as much of the flesh as you can but removing all the pith.
- Slice the orange into segments over a bowl in order to keep as much of the juice as possible. Reserve the orange segments.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and some seasoning to the orange juice and whisk to make the dressing. Reserve.
- Put the chicory leaves, rocket/arugula and orange segments into a large bowl and dressing and gently toss together.
- Arrange on a serving plate with the salmon slices and scatter over the hazelnuts.
- Serve with crusty bread.