Chinese-style glazed salmon with vegetable rice
This is a colourful and tasty dish, which is easy and quick to make and the whole family will like.
Ingredients List for people
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Mix together, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 2 tsp white wine vinegar in a bowl to create the glaze.
- Add the salmon pieces and stir to coat well.
- Put a large piece of foil into a small roasting tin and transfer the salmon and all the glaze onto it. Seal up the foil to make a parcel and bake in the tin in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat 6 tbsp of the stock in a non-stick wok or large frying pan (with a tight-fitting lid) over a medium heat until simmering.
- Add the shallot, carrot, and bell pepper, cover with the lid and sweat until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Take off the lid, add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds, then add the rice, peas and sweetcorn and continue to stir-fry until everything is hot. You may need to add more stock if the mix starts to stick or looks too dry. Add 2 tbsp of soy sauce and 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce and check the seasoning, adjusting with salt/pepper if required.
- Serve the vegetable rice in warmed bowls and arrange the salmon pieces on top, drizzled with the remaining glaze.