- Dry fry sesame seeds until just lightly browned. Set aside.
- Chop nuts. Set aside.
- Dry fry all the spices for a minute or so – just to release their fragrance.
- Grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Mix the seed and nuts together and put into a bowl ready to serve. (Or store in a tightly lidded glass jar until ready to serve).
Cube/break sourdough bread and place in bowl. Pour lemon myrtle extra virgin olive oil into a bowl. Dip bread into oil, the dip into dukkah.
• Cardamom pods – best to use green pods not brown. A tasty good quality extra virgin olive oil is best for this dish.