A nutritious stock used as a base for fish soups and sauces. Based on an original recipe from Jack McNulty with thanks.
Ingredients List for people
- Rinse the fish well under cold running water until the water runs clear. Place all of the fish in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then immediately strain and rinse the bones.
- Clean the pot well and return to the stove.
- Add the garlic, onion halves, cloves, thyme and parsley stems.
- Add 10cl of water and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the fish bones and then the white wine.
- Reduce by about one-half then add three liters of cold water.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook gently for 30 minutes, making sure to skim the broth well.
- Turn off the heat, cool for about one hour, then strain well and cool immediately.