- Heat the almond milk through so that it is warm but not hot. Then dissolve the yeast in. (Only if you are using fresh yeast and not dried.)
- Put salt, flour, sugar, cinnamon (and dried yeast if using this) into a bowl or mixer
- Make a well in the flour mix and add the warm almond milk and yeast, olive oil and egg white.
- Knead or use hook on mixer for 10 minutes.
- Cover with olive oil greased cling film and leave to rise to double the size (about an hour)
- Knock back and knead in the raisins, then cover and leave to rise again to double its size.
- Divide the dough into 15 and roll into balls
- Place on a non stick tray, cover lightly with the cling film and leave to rise again to double their size.
- When risen, put the oven on to 180 degrees.
- Mix the white flour with the water to make a paste and pop into an icing bag.
- Pipe the mixture into a cross on each bun.
- Cook the buns for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tap the bottom of one to make sure it's cooked (should sound hollow), then leave to cool on a wire tray.
- Meanwhile, heat and strain the jam, then brush onto the warm buns