You can play around with the vegetables you add in here, depending on what's in season. You could try adding fish as well.
This warm medley of vegetables is covered in the most scrumptious sauce, and can easily be mixed up to suit whatever you have in your fridge.
Ingredients List for people
- 400 g potatoes
- 400 g silken tofu
- sesame oil
- 300 g green beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 240 g radish
- half a cucumber
- 150 g mung bean sprouts
- 50 g fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli
- 1 garlic cloves
- 50 g brown sugar
- 120 g almond butter
- 1-2 red chilli
- 2 limes juice of
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- Prep your salad. Scrub the potatoes and cook in boiling water for 15 mins, or until tender, then quarter.
- Cut the tofu into chunks and dry fry for around 15 minutes, or until golden, then sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Wash and trim your green beans. Fill a saucepan with boiling water, add a steamer basket or colander over and steam the green beans for 5-7 minutes depending on how tender you like them.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges, quarter the radishes and dice the cucumber. Season with salt.
- Put all the sauce ingredients (garlic, brown sugar, almond butter, chilli, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, tamari, sesame oil) into a blender, peeling the garlic, then blitz until smooth. Have a taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Get your bowls ready, and divide the sauce between each bowl. The add the salad to each bowl and mix them up with the sauce.
- Garnish with coriander and fresh sliced chilli.