- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) in a bowl. Add tuna cubes. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Soak bamboo skewers (2 - 3 per person) for about 20mins. Use bamboo skewers rather than metal as metal will cook tuna from the inside and not leave that lovely rare centre that cooked fresh tuna should have.
- Turn grill to very high setting. Thread tuna cubes onto soaked bamboo skewers. When grill is hot, cook tuna skewers for about 60 - 90 secs, then turn over for about another 60 secs. That should be enough to cook outside and leave centre rare. Don't overcook i.e. don't cook tuna through.
- You can fry using a large non-stick frying pan. You'll need setting at medium-high.
- Serve immediately with salad made with rice noodles and selection of finely sliced vegetables e.g. zucchini, carrot and capsicum and some toasted sesame seeds. Make salad while tuna is marinading.
- Your dressing for the salad can be made from the remains of the tuna marinade when tuna has been threaded onto skewers and add a little sesame oil and (you knew it!) a little flaxseed oil.
- Drizzle extra chilli sauce and lime juice over cooked tuna skewers to taste.
• Tuna steaks − try to get a thick steaks, as it makes it easier to cube. Cut into 2cm cubes.