Lentil and Cranberry Salad
Tangy filling salad which would work well with leafy greens or vegetables. Recipe kindly provided by Kaye.
Ingredients List for people
- 250 g puy lentils
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium carrot (finely chopped)
- 2 sticks celery (finely chopped)
- 1 large courgette (finely chopped)
- 75 g cranberries (dried)
- 3 tbsp (chopped)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (adjust quantity to taste)
- 2 tsp honey
- 0.5 tsp salt and pepper (freshly ground)
- Rinse the lentils in a sieve, then put them in a saucepan and pour on the hot stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook a further five minutes or so, until the lentils are tender.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Combine the drained lentils and vegetables, cranberries, parsley and dressing in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover and chill.