- Heat the oven to 200 C/ 390 F and spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned and fragrant, this should be around 8-10 mins.
- Cut up the kale, sprouts, avocado and red onion into thin strips. You can use a mandolin to shave the sprouts if you have one, otherwise chop them very thinly.
- Supreme the mandarins into segments.
- Zest the lemon into a bowl.
- Either use a rolling pin to break up the walnuts or a food processor if you have one.
- Combine with the lemon zest.
- Mix the olive oil, maple syrup and lemon juice to emulsify and make a dressing.
- Pour over the kale, sprouts, avocado, red onions and walnuts.
Adapted from a recipe on Vice.