Miso and honey roast aubergine
A really easy vegetable dish that is full of umami flavours. Have it as a side or serve with couscous as a tasty main meal.
Ingredients List for people
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice the aubergines in half lengthways and score the flesh in a diamond pattern, taking care not to cut through the skin.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and lay the aubergines on top, cut sides up.
- Mix the miso, honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic with 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste.
- Brush over the aubergine flesh and roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and soft.
- Sprinkle with the spring onions, sesame seeds and sesame oil and serve.