Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
OMS friendly coleslaw
This easy and crunchy salad is tangy and makes a great side at BBQs or a tasty filling inside a sandwich.
Ingredients List for people
- Soak cashews for one hour in hot water. Then drain thoroughly and add to a blender along with water, maple syrup, mustard, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar and onion.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth. If it gets too thick, add more water to thin out. If too thin you can add more cashews.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the cabbage and carrot to a mixing bowl and top with the dressing. Stir through so that it is all combine.
- Enjoy immediately or store covered in the fridge, it will last up to 4-5 days.