- 8 medium artichokes (with stalks removed, can also use brussel sprouts)
- 400 grams podded peas
- 400 grams broad beans
- 4 medium spring onions (chopped into 1cm slices)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch asparagus (trimmed and halved)
- 0.5 medium romaine lettuce (sliced)
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 2 cups mint (coarsely chopped, loosely packed)
- 0.75 cup flat leaf parsley (coarsely chopped, firmly packed)
- 0.5 medium lemon (finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon)
- Blanch artichokes or brussel sprouts until just tender (8-10 minutes).
- Blanch (or steam) peas and broad beans separately for 2-4 minutes and refresh in ice water.
- Peel broad beans and set aside.
- Saute spring onions and garlic until tender (5-10 minutes).
- Add artichoke, asparagus and stock and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add peas, lettuce and beans. Cover and simmer until very tender (3-5 minutes).
- Add mint, parsley, lemon rind and juice and wilt for one minute and then serve.
Why not serve with rice or crusty OMS-friendly bread.
Blanch - plunge ingredients into boiling water briefly, then draining and refreshing them in cold water in order to stop the cooking process.