These crackers keep well for about a week and you can freeze them to keep them longer.
Seedy oat crackers
This is a crisp, wholegrain, oil-free cracker with enough structural stability to use with dips or spreads. Thank you to Rachel for this recipe.
Ingredients List for people
- Preheat the oven to 160 C
- Prepare a baking tray, lining it with baking paper or a silicon mat.
- Blend the oats to create a fine 'flour'
- Put the seeds, water, vinegar in a mixing bowl and allow to soak for at least half an hour.
- Add the oat 'flour', spice and salt.
- Mix together well and tip it out onto the baking tray.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top to spread the mixture out with your hands.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten out the mixture further so that it is nice and thin.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the 'cracker' over and peel off the baking paper.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- When cold, break into rough pieces and store in an airtight container.