- Heat a wide pan over medium heat.
- Add about 2 tbsps. water to the pan, then add the garlic and bay leaves. Lightly crush the garlic to release the flavour.
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender, then add to the pan. Combine well.
- Mix the tomato paste with the white wine, then add to the tomatoes.
- Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Cook over moderate heat for no more than 10 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon stick and ground cinnamon, remove the pan from the heat and stir well.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Cover and cool. Reheat over gentle heat before serving, then add the parsley.
Use the freshest possible tomatoes for this sauce, and do not cook them too long so they preserve their fresh flavor. This sauce freezes very well.