Spiced potato cakes with garlicky tomato sauce
These potato cakes and easy to make and served alongside the garlicky sauce taste amazing!
Ingredients List for people
- Peel the potatoes, quarter them and then boil until soft. Drain and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile sauté the chilli and 2 of the garlic gloves in a splash of water. After about a minute add the dry spices and sizzle for 30 seconds (adding more water if needed). Take off heat.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Once the potatoes have cooled add the chilli and garlic mix and then mix until smooth.
- Shape into 8 patties and then place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, turning half way through.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, place the tomatoes into a pan with the stock, remaining garlic and chilli flakes if using. Allow to bubble away for around 20 minutes, adding more stock if needed.The sauce should be thick and rich.
- Serve the potato cakes with sauce and green veg.