You can make even more potato cakes than required and freeze the extra to help make a quick lunch fro another time.
Spiced potato cakes with garlicky tomato sauce
These potato cakes and easy to make and served alongside the garlicky sauce taste amazing!
Ingredients List for people
- Peel the potatoes, quarter them and then boil until soft. Drain and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile sauté the chilli and 2 of the garlic gloves in a splash of water. After about a minute add the dry spices and sizzle for 30 seconds (adding more water if needed). Take off heat.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Once the potatoes have cooled add the chilli and garlic mix and then mix until smooth.
- Shape into 8 patties and then place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, turning half way through.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, place the tomatoes into a pan with the stock, remaining garlic and chilli flakes if using. Allow to bubble away for around 20 minutes, adding more stock if needed.The sauce should be thick and rich.
- Serve the potato cakes with sauce and green veg.