Spicy Savory Rice
This recipe is a great accompaniment to fish, bean dishes or vegetables- full of flavour.
Ingredients List for people
1. Put pan on the heat (medium), add rice to brown for 2 mins. Make up the stock.
2. Add minced garlic, and a tiny bit of stock to the rice - cook for 5 mins.
3. Add the cumin, tumeric, rest of the stock and passata and reduce to a simmer for 15 mins until the rice has absorbed the liquid or if you are using brown rice, keep adding hot water and cook for 30 mins.
4. Remove from the heat and let sit to cool.
5. Stir through chopped up jalapenos and top with cilantro (coriander)
- You can add extra virgin olive oil at this stage if you want but it is delicious without.