Recipe by Karen Hart
Sweet and Spicy 'Pizza' with Chocolate Sauce
This sweet and spicy pizza with chocolate sauce is a unique, OMS-friendly treat that will surprise and delight the whole family!!
Ingredients List for people
- 2 cups self-raising flour regular or gluten free
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (soft)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce from a jar or shop bought
- 1 orange zest
- 1 cup raisins
- polenta for sprinkling on pizza stone
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder Naturya is 100% cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons water
Method for pizza crust:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Sprinkle a small amount of polenta onto a pizza stone to avoid the crust from sticking
- In a large bowl place the self-raising flour, salt, mixed spice, cinnamon, sugar and raisins and stir until well combined
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients
- Pour into the centre of the well, the water, olive oil, zest of the orange and the apple sauce
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients, starting from the centre and working your way toward the sides of the bowl. Using your hands, knead the dough until it all comes together in a large ball
- Place the dough in the centre of the pizza stone and using your hands and fingers, spread the dough across. Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll the dough gently to cover the stone – leaving a few centimetres from the edge. Tidy the edges up by gently pushing the dough into place using the back of a spoon
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the crust. Cut into slices and serve with little pots of the remaining chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Method for chocolate sauce:
- In a cup or small jug place the cocoa powder
- Add the maple syrup and using a knife stir until a thick paste is formed.
- Slowly stir in the water until you have a thick pouring consistency.