- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium celery (finely chopped)
- 2 cups sweet potato (diced)
- 1 medium pepper (chopped)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 sprinkle cinnamon
- 1 sprinkle cayenne pepper
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 cup vegetable stock (to cover)
- 1.5 cups chickpeas (cooked)
- Place all ingredients, except for chickpeas, in a pot.
- Bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add chickpeas and simmer 10 minutes.
- Adjust flavour to taste, add a little Tamari if required. Serve.