You can either serve this tagine with your favourite green veg or couscous and salad. Enjoy with some fresh bread as well to mop up all that delicious sauce.
Sweet Potato Topped Tagine
This dish is cheap and easy to make but full of flavour and certainly a kick of spice. Enjoy with your favourite green veg or couscous and salad.
Ingredients List for people
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Slice the onion into long slices and then add to a hot pan with a splash of hot stock to prevent it from sticking.
- Once the onion is soft, season with salt and pepper and smoked paprika and then add the chickpeas.
- Allow the chickpeas to warm through and then add the chopped tomatoes and harissa paste.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer and let it thicken.
- Meanwhile, boil your sweet potato until soft.
- Drain the potato and add a splash of plant based milk to create a mash.
- Transfer the chickpea mixture to a loaf tin and top with the sweet potato mash.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until the tagine is bubbling and the potato has crisped at the edges.