- In a stand mixer bowl sprinkle yeast over the warm water. Stir until the yeast dissolves and then let set for five minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Then stir in three cups of all purpose flour, a cup at a time, at low speed with a dough hook until combined.
- Add whole wheat flour and salt until a moderate/soft dough forms then allow the mixer to knead on low speed for 10 minutes to activate the gluten and the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rise until at least doubled in size, approx 1 1/2 hours.
- Place unglazed baking tiles or pizza stones in your oven. Preheat oven to 450°F or 230°C.
- Divide the dough in half and set one half aside, covered while working with the rest.
- Divide the other half into eight equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a small ball and then roll each ball into a eight to nine inch circle.
- Let the dough rest for five-10 minutes.
- Bake two breads at a time for 2-3 minutes or until the bread goes into full 'balloon'.
Don't dismay if they don't balloon, this happens sometimes but it still tastes great!