I saw this recipe recommended in a magazine a while ago - and thought it sounded strange. However when I tried it I was very pleasantly surprised with the flavour and how filling it is - all ingredients have a long shelf life. You can also eat it cold as a salad.
Tinned Tuna Udon
If you are enthusiastic about Japanese food you might have all these ingredients in your cupboard. It's a really easy dish that is much tastier than it sounds.
Ingredients List for people
- Mix 1 part mirin to 1 part rice vinegar and 2 parts soy sauce and add miso paste.
- Heat pan on medium - high heat. (Cook any vegetables if you want to add)
- Coat udon in mixture and put on to cook until noodles are 'floppy' (3-4 mins)
- Drain and flake tuna.
- Mix cooked noodles with the tuna.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and sesame seeds. Serve with any vegetables you have to hand or on its own.
I have served it here with kimchee and a bit of frozen spinach with lemon juice which is what I had to hand. You could add veg to stir fry or cook them to have alongside. Mushrooms, frozen peas and pepper could be nice.