The egg substitutes used are in the form of a mashed banana mixed with baking powder and ground flaxseeds moistened with water. Feel free to substitute another berry or dried berry in place of the blueberries.
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
These are a great alternative to regular muffins that are made with dairy products and eggs. Recipe kindly provided by Jack McNulty.
Ingredients List for people
- Mix the flours, sugars, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash together the banana and baking powder, then mix in the ground flax seeds and water.
- Add the rice milk, xanthan gum and olive oil.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until all the flour is moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries just to combine. The batter will look lumpy but do not over mix.
- Add the batter to the muffin tin lined with muffin papers, filling each, but taking care not to push down the dough into the paper.
- Bake in a 200° C oven for about 20-24 minutes.