- Mix the flours, sugars, baking powder (20g) and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash together the banana and baking powder (7g), then mix in the ground flax seeds and water.
- Add the rice milk, xanthan gum and olive oil.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until all the flour is moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries just to combine. The batter will look lumpy but do not over mix.
- Add the batter to the muffin tin lined with muffin papers, filling each, but taking care not to push down the dough into the paper.
- Bake in a 200° C oven for about 20-24 minutes.
The egg substitutes used are in the form of a mashed banana mixed with baking powder and ground flaxseeds moistened with water. Feel free to substitute another berry or dried berry in place of the blueberries.