- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups potatoes cubed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cans butter beans or any other white bean, drained
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic and jalapeño until translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add all of the spices and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add beans and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- With a potato masher, mash potatoes and beans 3 or 4 times to create some texture.
- Fold in corn, cilantro and lime and turn off the heat.
- Finish chilli with fresh lime juice, lime zest and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve with avocado, unsweetened plain almond yogurt, cilantro, & chives! Enjoy!