Welcome to our 12th installment of Living Well with MS Coffee Break, and final Coffee Break episode for 2020, where we welcome Alexandra (“Alex”) Storey as our guest!
As you may know, tomorrow (December 1st) is Giving Tuesday, and Alexandra is participating in our campaign to help raise much-needed funds for the work OMS delivers to our community, so thank you to her and our gratitude to everyone else in our community, from those who choose to donate to others engaged in the campaign itself.
We hope you’ve enjoyed and learned from these intermezzos between our regular episodes, and we look forward to bringing you an exciting new assortment of Living Well with MS full-length and Coffee Break episodes when we return with Season 3 in February 2021! And as always, your comments and suggestions are always welcome by emailing email@example.com.
Alex Storey lives in Essex with her husband Sam and their dog Elsa. She was diagnosed with RRMS in 2019 and has been following the OMS program since even earlier when she realized it could take a while to receive an official diagnosis. The diet element has been her favorite part of the program to adopt, and she loves how creative it has enabled her to be in the kitchen. It has also opened her eyes to how the food industry and the products we eat have changed over the last century. Alex is also a participant OMS’ 2020 Giving Tuesday campaign.
- Can you tell us a little about yourself, your family, your life, where you live and anything about yourself you’d like to share?
- When were you diagnosed with MS and how long have you been following the OMS Program?
- You’re quite a creative chef and active in posting on Instagram… can you share a little about your culinary pastime, what it means to you, how it’s helped, especially with MS during Covid-19?
- How else have you had to adapt your daily healthy habits to the new realities imposed by Covid-19?
- How has following the OMS program helped you deal with the new realities of Covid-19 times?
- You’re also actively involved in supporting OMS in its Giving Tuesday campaign. Can you share with our listeners what Giving Tuesday is?
- What are the reasons you’re helping drive giving to OMS for Giving Tuesday?
- Do you have any other tips or tricks you can share with our audience that might help them on their own health journeys?
Check out Alex’s Instagram feed
View Alex’s Giving Tuesday video
Coming up on our next episode:
On the final episode of Living Well with MS for 2020, landing on your favorite podcast platform on December 16, 2020, Geoff Allix welcomes Rachel Changer, who will literally help you change your body’s flexibility and stretch your way into a healthy 2021 with a special episode on how Pilates can help all people with MS build strength and resilience. Join us again in February 2021 when we launch a brand-new season of Living Well with MS and our special Coffee Break series. Until then, happy holidays, and stay safe healthy and positive!
Don’t miss out:
Subscribe to this podcast and never miss an episode. You can catch any episode of Living Well with MS here or on your favorite podcast listening app. Don’t be shy – if you like the program, leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you tune into the show.