Welcome to Living Well with MS Coffee Break #8, where we turn the tables and welcome Geoff Allix as our guest!
As you now know, we decided to do something a little different in expanding the range of content we produce here at Living Well with MS. To honor the community that forms the beating heart of Overcoming MS, this special series called Coffee Break features short interviews with members of the OMS community talking about their personal journeys adopting and staying on the OMS 7 Step Recovery Program, the challenges they encountered and how they overcame them, and their tips and tricks for sticking to the path that leads to better health. We hope you enjoy and learn from these intermezzos between our regular episodes, and as always, your comments and suggestions are always welcome by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geoff Allix hails from Devon in England and was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2015. Geoff's father also had MS, and sadly died at the age of 54. When he himself was diagnosed, Geoff was determined to do whatever he could to remain well. Once he was told that he "almost certainly" had MS in many 2015, he and his wife launched into action. They googled as much as they could about the condition.
Shortly before Geoff was formally diagnosed in September 2015, they came Overcoming MS and the 7-Step Recovery Program. He has been on the program since then, and has had no relapses since and is now optimistic the he'll get back to outdoor sports such as surfing and running before long. Geoff works as computer consultant and is a dad to a 14 year-old son and 12 year-old daughter.
- Can you tell us a little about yourself, your family, your life, where you live and anything about yourself you’d like to share?
- When were you diagnosed with MS and how long have you been following the Overcoming MS 7 Step Recovery Program?
- What is your favorite thing about the program, namely what do you feel has made the biggest positive impact?
- What was your greatest challenge in adopting the OMS program, and how did you overcome it?
- What’s it like to be the host of Living Well with MS and engage with so many diverse members of the OMS and broader MS communities?
- Apart from hosting Living Well with MS, I know you’re quite active in the OMS community in your role as Ambassador for the OMS Circle in North Devon. Can you tell us about how that experience has informed your journey?
- How have you had to adapt your daily healthy habits to the new realities imposed by COVID-19?
- Do you have any closing thoughts to encourage and inspire our audience?
Coming up on our next episode:
On the next full-length episode of Living Well with MS, launching September 9, 2020, Geoff Allix welcomes Trevor Wicken, founder of The MS Gym, to the podcast. If you’d like to get to know how to juice up your exercise routine straight from a master like Trevor, please tune in!
Subscribe to this podcast and never miss an episode. You can catch any episode of Living Well with MS here or on your favorite podcast listening app. Don’t be shy – if you like the program, leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you tune into the show.