Welcome to our ninth installment of Living Well with MS Coffee Break, where we welcome Rowan Baker as our guest! As you now know, we decided to do something a little different in expanding the range of content we produce here at Living Well with MS. To honor the community that forms the beating heart of Overcoming MS, this special series called Coffee Break features short interviews with members of the OMS community talking about their personal journeys adopting and staying on the OMS 7 Step Recovery Program, the challenges they encountered and how they overcame them, and their tips and tricks for sticking to the path that leads to better health. We hope you enjoy and learn from these intermezzos between our regular episodes, and as always, your comments and suggestions are always welcome by emailing email@example.com.
Rowan is a UK-based nurse who has been following the OMS Recovery Program for nearly two years. She enjoys yoga and running, crafting and cooking up OMS feasts. She’s currently training towards a half marathon, on the back of a long-distance walk for an MS charity last year. She has written a number of blogs for OMS and her cooking inspiration can be found on Instagram.
- Can you tell us a little about yourself, your family, your life, where you live and anything about yourself you’d like to share?
- When were you diagnosed with MS and how long have you been following the Overcoming MS 7 Step Recovery Program?
- What is your favorite thing about the program, namely what do you feel has made the biggest positive impact?
- What was your greatest challenge in adopting the OMS program, and how did you overcome it?
- I know you’re quite active in the OMS community, and a frequent blogger. Can you tell us how being a part of the community has informed your journey?
- You also work for the NHS. Can you share a perspective on how that interconnects with your MS and experiences with OMS?
- How have you had to adapt your daily healthy habits to the new realities imposed by COVID-19?
- Do you have any other tips or tricks you can share with our audience that might help them on their journeys?
Coming up on our next episode:
On the next full-length episode of Living Well with MS, launching September 30, 2020, Geoff Allix is joined by OMS culinary favorite Jack McNulty to demystify the questions of oils – separating fact from fiction – in this important conversation for anyone confused about which oils to use (or not use) in their OMS-friendly kitchen.
Subscribe to this podcast and never miss an episode. You can catch any episode of Living Well with MS here or on your favorite podcast listening app. Don’t be shy – if you like the program, leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you tune into the show.