Vickie serves as an OMS Ambassador in Connecticut. She was officially diagnosed with MS in 2017 but had her first discernible symptoms in 2011. She lives well with her MS by following the OMS program and encourages others to do the same through her OMS Circle.
Vickie has been running her own Virtual Assistant company since 2003 and enjoys working with her global clients. She is active in her community, serving on the board of an education foundation and volunteering at her church on several committees, as well as cooking for and hosting her family and friends. She is deeply committed to helping others: her family, community, clients and her OMS Circle members.
You can see more of Vickie on her YouTube channel, where she shares her thoughts on living well with chronic illness.
- Please tell our audience a bit about yourself and your MS journey.
- When did you discover OMS, and what was it like in the early days trying to follow the recovery program?
- How important a role did your local “community” play, such as your family and close friends, in helping you adopt the OMS recovery program and make progress on your MS journey in general?
- What were some of the challenges that having a strong support community helped you overcome?
- What is an OMS Circle and when did you become an OMS Circle Ambassador?
- Can you tell us a bit about your process in deciding to undertake this community-building role?
- Can you tell us a little about the OMS Circle you represent?
- How would you describe the role of an OMS Circle, and specifically your OMS Circle in Connecticut, in helping people new to OMS successfully adapt to the realities of diet and lifestyle changes?
- How can a sense of community play an important role for people, like yourself, who have lots of experience following the OMS recovery program? Do they need this as much as the newbies might?
- Are there any anecdotes you can relay that convey the impact you feel you’re making in your corner of the OMS community?
Learn more about OMS Circles
Coming up next:
Coming up next, treat yourself to some insight from fellow OMSer Sean Kressinger on Living Well with MS Coffee Break #5, which launches on Monday, June 29, beaming to you straight from the UK.
Don’t miss out:
Subscribe to this podcast and never miss an episode. You can catch any episode of Living Well with MS here or on your favorite podcast listening app. Don’t be shy – if you like the program, leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you tune into the show.