Living Well with MS is proud to welcome back Dr. Brandon Beaber to the guest seat. Dr. Beaber will offer a neurologist’s point of view on the OMS program, and how to achieve better health through lifestyle intervention approaches.
- What’s your specific clinical philosophy as a neurologist for treating patients with MS?
- From your perspective as a neurologist, how important is lifestyle modification in managing your MS?
- Can you walk us through your thoughts on the main pillars of the OMS approach?
- Stress reduction?
- Vitamin D / Omega 3?
- Is there anything critical you think the OMS program leaves out?
- Are there any downside risks to following a diet and lifestyle modification program like OMS?
- The MS research space is evolving rapidly. What, in your opinion, are the most promising areas on the horizon that we should be monitoring most closely?
Dr. Brandon Beaber is a board-certified neurologist with a subspecialty in multiple sclerosis and other immunological diseases of the nervous system. He is a partner in the Southern California Permanente Medical Group and practices in Downey, California (South Los Angeles). He has several publications on MS epidemiology and has participated in clinical trials for MS therapeutics. You can follow him on Twitter where he regularly posts about MS news and research.
Resilience in the Face of Multiple Sclerosis (Dr. Beaber’s book)
Coming up next:
Coming up next, we are pleased to welcome MS advocate and patient engagement consultant Trishna Bharadia on Living Well with MS Coffee Break #7, which launches on Monday, August 10. (Fun fact: Trishna has appeared on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing!)
Subscribe to this podcast and never miss an episode. You can catch any episode of Living Well with MS here or on your favorite podcast listening app. Don’t be shy – if you like the program, leave a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you tune into the show.