Erika started her career in the music industry at the tender age of 16, working for a PR company who represented The Rolling Stones, U2, Prince, The Spice Girls and many more. One of her earliest highlights was when Cher sent her flowers by Cher to thank her for finding her favorite brand of mineral water when she ran out of it in the middle of the night!
She fell into the world of radio by complete accident in the mid-90s, co-hosting a show on London's Heart 106.2, a job she performed happily for 14 years. Since then, she has presented national breakfast shows, broadcast from the top of Sydney Harbor Bridge during the 2000 Olympics opening ceremony and can now be heard on the airwaves of BBC Radio Kent.
Erika was diagnosed with MS in 2008 and is now happy to put a spotlight on the trials and tribulations her condition bring, with a trademark sense of humor her listeners will be very familiar with!
- Erika’s life and MS journey
- How an MS diagnosis affects someone in a public-facing role
- How the public impression of MS is changing
- How Erika has adapted her lifestyle to the OMS program
- How OMS is a healthy lifestyle for all
- How COVID-19 has affected Erika’s healthy habits
Coming up next:
Coming up next on Living Well with MS Coffee Break #11, premiering Monday, November 2, travel to the UK to meet Bron Webster, creator, producer and host of the new podcast, The MS Show.