- 300 g rice noodles
- unsalted cashews small handful
- 3 radish
- 3 spring onion
- fresh coriander
- white cabbage or red cabbage, depending on what you have
- 1 carrot
- 150 g king prawns
- 1 red pepper
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons warm water - or as much as you need for a dressing consistency
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Cook the rice noodles (if you bought dried) and drain (skip this step if you got pre-cooked)
- Cook the prawns (if you bought raw) or defrost if you bought frozen prawns (skip this step if you got pre-cooked)
- Chop up the vegetables into thin slices - red pepper, radish, spring onion, coriander cabbage, carrot (to make things easier some places sell ready sliced produce for making coleslaw or pink asian slaw which you could even use instead)
- Make dressing - shake up sriracha, lime juice, sesame oil, nut butter, fish sauce and some warm water.
- Assemble - noodle first, add the veg, then the prawns, nuts, herbs and then drizzle the dresssing over.
We've included on bold the ways you can make it even easier to cope witg fatigue or just to save time.
For a really healthy version (reducing fat, salt & sugar) - just serve with lime juice squeezed over instead of the dressing and extra herbs and perhaps some thinly sliced red chili.
Hole the prawns or replace with tofu and hold the fish sauce to make thsi recipe vegan.