- 3 potatoes medium Yukon Gold Potatoes (or any kind)
- 1-2 carrot large diced
- 1 onion medium diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water (boiled potato water)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 16 oz pasta preferred kind (pre-cooked for the live session)
Prepare in advance of Cook-Along (12 July 2022):
Cheese sauce (Same batch for Mac & Cheese and Burger)
● 3 medium peeled, Yukon Gold Potatoes
● 1-2 large, peeled carrots
● 1 medium onion
*Save 1 cup of the boiled potato water. *
[Boiling instructions: add all contents into the same pot. Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes until everything is very soft.]
Cook 16 oz. pasta ahead of the session according to the package.
**Chop everything prior to the class. **
16oz preferred pasta. I use Banza chickpea pasta. (pre-cooked for the live session)
1-2 cups of frozen peas!
1. Peel & cube the potatoes. Boil the potatoes, carrot & onions until you can pierce the potato with a fork. **DO THIS IN ADVANCE!!**
2. Drain and save 1 cup of boiled potato water for the blending of the sauce. You will start with ½ cup and add tbsp by tbsp as needed.
3. Add all the ingredients and water into the blender. Blend until a creamy cheese is made.
Cooking the pasta
1. In a large pot, heat up the peas for a couple minutes with half the blender of cheese sauce. the cheese sauce.
2. Add the pre-cooked pasta and combine.