To make this dish even easier, use pre cut, frozen butternut squash!
Mushroom and Butternut Squash Baked Wild Rice
Cooking the mushrooms with the rice makes this dish really tasty. Makes a great filling dish in the warmer months.
Ingredients List for people
- 250 g mushrooms chestnut
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon finely grated zest only
- 150 g brown rice mixed with red rice
- 375 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pomegranate seeds
- 5 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15 g coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan
- Place the mushrooms, onion,garlic, lemon zest, butternut squash, rice and vegetable stock in a casserole dish or small, deep roasting tin.
- Cover tightly with kitchen foil or a lid and cook for 1 hour
- Meanwhile, to make the lemon and coriander dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Stir the dressing, half the pomegranate seeds and half the spring onions into the rice. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with the remaining pomegranate seeds, spring onions.