- Finely chop the onion and sauté in a little of the vegetable stock, in a heavy-based non-stick saucepan, until soft and translucent.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the potatoes and add to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes over a medium heat, adding a little more stock if required.
- Add the rest of the stock and bring to a simmer for approx. 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Finely slice the mint leaves and then blend the soup until smooth, either with a stick blender or in a liquidizer. You can always add more vegetable stock to get the consistency you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with plenty of crusty bread in warm bowls/mugs with a little extra virgin olive oil drizzled over the top.