- Marinate king prawns in diced garlic, chilis, canned tomatoes, paprika and vinegar for 15 mins, covered and in the fridge.
- In the mean time, cook the rice (boiling brown rice can take 30 mins).
- Cook king prawns in frying pan.
- Prepare the vegetables (this is something you could get someone else to help with while you're watching the prawns and rice) - drain or cook sweetcorn, halve cherry tomatoes, chop onions, chop avocado and wilt spinach (I use the microwave to make things easier).
- Start by adding rice to the bowl, add chopped veg and then
- Squeeze lime juice over and season
- Add chilli flakes and pickled chilis (if desired / available)
- Serve with hot sauce (if desired)
- You could use a ready-made marinate for the prawns to make this easier
- Hot Sauce adds flavour
- You could use a microwave rice pouch to make this recipe easier and quicker.
- Use whatever vegetables you have around, particularly helpful if you have ready-cooked leftovers or it can be eaten raw - peppers, green beans, broccoli, mushrooms, kale, pumpkin, lettuce, cubes of courgette, or anything you fancy!
- Pre-chopped frozen veg saves some prep time.
- You can add coriander