*This recipe makes about 12 "meatballs".
Black Bean 'Meatball' Dippers
These meatball dippers are fantastic! They are a perfect snack for anytime and any event. Huge thanks to community member, Rachel Detroit, for sharing this recipe of hers, with us!
Ingredients List for people
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small jar or container, stir together the ground flax and 6 tbsps water. Let sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the black beans. This is your flax egg.
- In a food processor, add the black beans and pulse until the beans are mostly smooth. If you do not have a food processor, you can mash them by hand with a potato masher. Add the processed beans to a large mixing bowl.
- Now add the flax/water mixture, oats, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt to the bowl. Stir with a large spoon until well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Roll into balls (about 1 tbsp) and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Serve with oil free marinara. I use Whole Food’s Fat Free Marinara.
- Enjoy! :)