Overcoming MS became a UK charity in 2012 founded by Linda Bloom. In 2021, we registered with the Scottish Regulator.
There are three legal entities currently related to Overcoming MS - the main UK Charity, Overcoming MS, one registered in the US and one in Australia.
All our work is guided by the following charitable objects, expressed in our governing document - Articles of Association:
To relieve people with multiple sclerosis and to promote public health in relation to multiple sclerosis in particular but not exclusively by:
- Providing information and advice for people with multiple sclerosis to take control of their health
- Fostering a community of support for people with multiple sclerosis and their families
- Promoting a holistic approach to multiple sclerosis taking account of people's psychological, physical and social needs and utilising the best available treatments
- Promoting and undertaking research into self-help techniques for the management of multiple sclerosis insofar as these are compatible with advice received from people's doctor or consultant physician.
- Supporting and promoting charities funding multiple sclerosis research.
The role of the Overcoming MS Board of Trustees is to ensure effective implementation of the Overcoming MS Strategy and our goals, to set its strategic direction, uphold its values and ensure the charity is well run.
We currently have no sub-committees.
The day-to-day running of the Charity is the responsibility of the CEO and the Overcoming MS Leadership Team.
Find out more about Overcoming MS
Overcoming MS Policies
Please download our most recent Safeguarding (Adults), Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Complaints policy below
If you’d like to access another Overcoming MS policy, for example, Information Governance or Whistleblowing, please get in touch.