- Preheat oven to 170C, (or 150C) fan and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place tahini, maple syrup, salt and vanilla in a saucepan on medium heat. Melt together for a few minutes, stirring constantly until smooth and blended. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the ground almonds to the tahini & maple mixture, combining to form a rough dough.
- Make a ball from 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture in the palm of your hands then put onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly with your fingertips to make a chunky disc of dough.
- Decorate with a few slivers of pistachio, or flaked almonds then bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 10 minutes. Switch off the oven and let the cookies brown slightly in the hot oven for another 5 minutes before removing.
- Cool on wire racks. You can store these in air tight containers for up to a week if you don’t finish them all at once!