Almond & Citrus Friands
A familiar favorite in Australia and New Zealand, this little icing sugar-dusted almond cake with lemon or orange zest is well worth a try!
Ingredients List for people
- Heat oven to 200° C.
- Coat friand tin or muffin tin with olive oil.
- Sift icing sugar and flour into bowl and mix in ground almonds.
- Lightly beat the egg whites then fold into mixture.
- Add olive oil and rind.
- Three quarter fill moulds.
- Bake on middle shelf for 10 mins then turn around & bake another 5-10 mins.
- Leave in tin for five mins then remove.