- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4
- In a large bowl add the aquafaba (chickpea water) along with the cream of tartar. Using an electric whisk, whisk the aquafaba until it forms stiff peaks. (This will take about 5-10 minutes).
- In a separate bowl add the ground almonds and baking powder and mix together.
- Add the maple agave syrup and mix until combined. (Don’t worry if it looks lumpy at this stage).
- Gently fold the whisked aquafaba (chickpea water) into the almond mix.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Place the ramekin dishes on a baking sheet and spoon the mixture into the dishes.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes until cooked and lightly browned.
Don’t be put off by the aquafaba (chickpea water) it is an excellent replacement for egg white and vegan too! Aquafaba is water that has been drained from a 400g can of chickpeas. Use the chickpeas for hummus or in a curry.
You will need 6 ramekin dishes
Recipe by Karen Hart