To try more of Karen's recipes please visit her website.
Aloo gobi is a popular Indian dish with potatoes, cauliflower and Indian spices. Full of flavor, this will easy become a go to!
Thanks to Karen for sending this in.
Ingredients List for people
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2cm ginger roughly chopped
- 2 coriander handfuls, stems and leaves separated, both roughly chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 sweet potato chopped into 2cm chunks
- 1/2 Romanesco cauliflower medium, cut into small 'trees'
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger and coriander stems into a small blender pot with a little water and blitz until you get a course paste.
- Heat a medium sized pan and add the paste. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring all the time. As the water gets evaporated, add a little more so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add the spices and chopped tomatoes and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato and enough water to make a thick sauce that just covers the potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes start to soften.
- Add the Romanesco to the pan, stir well and simmer with the lid on. Add a little more water but take care as some will come from the romanesco. You’re aiming for a thick sauce.
- After 5 minutes the sweet potato and Romanesco should be soft but not over cooked and the sauce thick.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.