Amanda's OMG Soup
Amanda's soup is filled with pumpkin, carrot and cauliflower. Perfect for winter lunch times or a starter at a dinner party.
Ingredients List for people
- 0.25 medium pumpkin (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium cauliflower (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (whole, peeled)
- 0.5 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 squirt Braggs seasoning
- 1 lt water (adjust quantity to taste)
- 0.5 tsp salt and pepper (adjust quantity to taste)
- 1 dash extra virgin olive oil
- Roast the pumpkin and carrot (just chop a bit, I don’t bother taking off skin) for 40 mins, in one of those pots that can go in the oven or on the stove. Throw in peeled garlic cloves and roast for another 15 mins.
- It doesn’t matter if it sticks to the pan (it goes nice and caramelly) because the next step is to add the chopped cauliflower, celery and enough water to nearly cover it. Add a biggish squirt or 2 of Braggs and some salt and pepper.
- Simmer for another 45 mins, stirring every now and then or until the cauliflower and celery is soft.
- Take off the heat and blend with a stick mixer until it’s all soupy.
- Add olive oil (this is a new thing for me – you can probably put in less, but it makes such a difference! Adds ‘umami’. If you weren’t going to reheat it later you could use flaxseed oil).
- Blend more until its creamy and smooth.
- Taste it and and go weak at the knees. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Eat. I put most of it in containers for the fridge/freezer, it usually reheats well.