- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 Fan/350 F.
- Line a baking tin big enough to hold the salmon with greaseproof paper.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Place the salmon fillets in a ziplock bag, with half the lime zest, 1 tbsp of the lime juice, 1/4 tsp of salt, a good grinding of pepper and 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Make sure the salmon is well coated and leave the salmon to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the lime juice in a bowl with the finely chopped red onion.
- Peel and chop the mango into small dice and add to the bowl, with the rest of the lime zest and the chopped coriander.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Take the salmon out of the marinade and place into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked. It should be just opaque and easy to flake with a fork.
- Serve hot with the mango salsa alongside, accompanied with crusty bread and a green salad.
Options and Extras
1. This dish would also go well with rice or another whole grain.
2. Add a little fresh chili or chili flakes to the salsa if you like some heat!