Please see recipe for raita below.
Chickpea and carrot spiced falafels
This is a great recipe to prep in bulk and to cook off for a lunch whenever you fancy.
Thanks to Clare for sharing this recipe.
Ingredients List for people
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 canned chickpeas cans (800g), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 3 1/2 oz carrot grated, squeeze out moisture
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 lemon zest only
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry frying pan for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Grind the seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- Blend the spices with the remaining falafel ingredients.
- Shape spoonfuls of falafel into balls and place on a baking tray
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve with raita and toasted pitta breads.