- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas4. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Weigh out flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt into one bowl. Add spices and stir well.
- In another bowl, add the sugar, tahini and 3 tablespoons of dairy-free milk. Beat together for 1 minute to combine into a thick ‘cream’.
- Place a sieve over the sugar mix and sieve the flour mix into the bowl.
- Stir in the flour using a large spoon. Once the ingredients start binding, use your hands to bring together into a soft dough. Add more dairy-free milk a tablespoon at a time if the mix is too dry.
- Gently knead the dough in the bowl for a minute. Sprinkle some extra flour onto the worktop and place the dough on top.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin until it’s 1 cm thick. Cut out cookie shapes using festive cookie cutters.
- Transfer the shapes to the baking tray. Bring any excess dough together and roll out again until it is all used up.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 8 minutes until the cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, decorate the cookies as you desire, or leave plain. Enjoy!