- Boil the clementines/lemons for two hours.
- Drain and when cool, cut in half and remove pips.
- Then pulp everything, including skins, in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Grease a 21cm springform tin.
- Beat the egg whites.
- Add the sugar, almonds and baking powder.
- Mix well adding the pulped fruit.
- Pour into tin and bake 1 hour.
- Cover with foil at 40mins to prevent burning.
- Remove from tin when cold.
- Tastes equally good the next day.
Can use equivalent weight of oranges or lemons instead of clementines.