- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced, or ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 300 g cherry tomatoes or plum tomatoes, halved
- 400 g chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cod fillet portions (about 125g – 150g each)
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- lemon cut into wedges to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Put the garlic, chilli (if using), tomatoes and chickpeas in a snug fitting baking tray and add the olive oil and paprika.
- Toss all together then roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sit the cod on top, season, then put back in the oven for another 20mins until the cod is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Scatter with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Delicious with a bright green salad and some brown basmati rice cooked with saffron.