Dry herbs are always added at the beginning of the dish, use fresh herbs at the end. Leave the skin on organic vegetables.
Ingredients List for people
- 4 medium potatoes (unpeeled & diced)
- 1 medium carrot (unpeeled, diced)
- 2 cups corn (frozen, use fresh corn when in season)
- 1 medium onion (peeled & diced)
- 1.5 lt water
- 3 3 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme (lemon thyme is also nice)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (remove from stems, plus extra sprigs for garnish)
- In a large stockpot or large saucepan combine the water, stock powder/cubes, potatoes, carrot, onion, bay leaf and dried thyme. Bring to the boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- In a food processor or hand blender, ladle in one-and-a-half cups of the hot soup, including some of the vegetables.
- Add the corn (frozen) and pulse a few times to break up the corn. Pour this mixture back into the soup. (If using fresh corn, cook first).
- Just before serving add the fresh thyme leaves & bring to simmer.
- Cook gently for five minutes.
- Serve with sprigs of thyme.