Courgetti and lentil bolognese sauce
This dish can be adapted to be served with either courgetti or whole meal pasta. Thanks to Linda for sharing the recipe.
Ingredients List for people
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 150 g celery finely chopped
- brown sugar pinch of
- 50 g tomato puree
- 2 tsp mixed herbs such as basil, oregano
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 200 g red lentils
- 500 ml tomato passata
- 100 ml red wine
- lemon juice dash of
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- courgette if serving with courgetti
- Fry your onions and garlic in a small amount of water, adding more if the pan gets to dry and they begin to stick.
- Once they are soft, add the carrots, celery and lentils. Stir until the carrots and celery soften.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes, until it is lovely and thick.
- Taste and add more seasoning if required.
- Serve on top of courgetti or whole meal pasta.