- In a large pot, water sauté the onions until translucent. To do this, add a small amount of water or vegetable stock to a skillet/pot on medium heat. Let the pan heat for a short while until the water starts to steam. Begin to sauté.
- Add the chopped cauliflower to the onions and add some cold water until it just covers the top of the cauliflower. Stir in a teaspoon of Vecon concentrate or other stock powder and add the onion/garlic powder (if desired).
- Bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down and simmer until the cauliflower is tender (About 8-10 minutes).
- Using a cup, carefully take out a cup and half of the stock water from the pot and leave to one side. Don’t throw it away.
- In a high speed blender, add the cauliflower and remaining stock, and the nutritional yeast (if desired) and blend. (A hand blender can be used if you don’t have a high speed blender).
- Use the cup and a half of stock water that you saved to change the consistency of the soup to your desired thickness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Karen Hart