Recipe supplied by Andrew
Easy Lentil Soup
Serve with crusty bread on a cold night! The recipe can be part-prepared and cooled in the fridge, or frozen and defrosted, for a rapid completion
Ingredients List for people
- Chop, cube or slice carrots, leek(s) and celery.
- Add water to a two liter saucepan.
- Sweat carrots, leeks and celery for about five minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add lentils and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer for roughly 30 minutes (until the lentils are soft), stirring if you remember.
- The soup stock can be cooled and refrigerated or frozen at this point for later completion.
- Add cubed potatoes (skin on or off as desired).
- Add stock cubes.
- Return soup to the boil and simmer for 15- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are cooked and the lentils are starting to go mushy.